Arrow Video has gone and done some serious miracle work with their upcoming release of all the blood-soaked, blast that is Death Screams. Originally released as House of Death back in 82′, the film was a pastiche of all slashers that were big hits at the time. A total amalgamation of rad slasher bits, the film was totally of its time, but sadly overlooked… until now!
As you can gather from the trailer, a group of soon to be mince meat teens, are heading to “the river after dark” for a trip filled with the usual proclivities of all those fun things that killers hate.
Death Screams is a slasher that is an all out good time and a blast to watch with friends, pizza and cold beverages. If you love the sub-genre you are going to totally dig this.
The synopsis for Death Screams goes like this:
Late one night, a young couple are brutally murdered at a make-out spot by an unseen assailant, their bodies tossed into the nearby river. As the lifeless lovers drift slowly downstream, the residents of the town excitedly prepare themselves for their annual carnival, unaware that a machete-wielding maniac with a twisted grudge is lurking in their midst. When a group of teen revellers plan a late-night after party down in the local cemetery, they unwittingly set the stage for a bloodbath.
The special features on the Arrow limited editon blu-ray release break down like this:
– Brand new 2K restoration from an archival 35mm print
– Original uncompressed mono audio
– Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
– Brand new audio commentary with producer Charles Ison and special effects artist Worth Keeter moderated by filmmaker Phil Smoot
– Brand new audio commentary with The Hysteria Continues
– All the Fun of the Scare: The Making of Death Screams – newly-produced making-of documentary featuring interviews with producer Charles Ison, special effects artist Worth Keeter, writer Paul Elliott, actors Hanns Manship and Curt Rector, actor/producer’s assistant/assistant supervising editor Sharon Alley and actor/talent wrangler Robert “Billy Bob” Melton
– TV and Radio Spots
– Image Galleries
– House of Death Alternate VHS Opening Titles
– Two versions of the screenplay under the original title of Night Screams [BD-ROM content]
– Reversible sleeve featuring original artwork and a newly-commissioned reimagining of the original VHS artwork by Sadist Art Designs presented with die-cut slipcover
– Fully-illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Brian Albright”
Death Screams arrives on limited edition blu-ray on Sept. 14. Head over here to order your copy.